Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
Tips from our pest control vendors on how to reduce the number of bugs you have inside and around your home this year! When we reached out for advice, we found that most of the tips on how to keep bugs from coming inside involved reducing the habitats for bugs on the exterior of your property.
- Keep exterior lights off at night. Bugs are attracted to light. Turning off exterior lights at night can also keep termites away. You can purchase yellow insect lights which can deter insects.
- Do not keep standing water around the property. Certain items kept outside can cause water to pool and harbor mosquitoes. Moisture also attracts termites.
- Rake and remove all leaves around your property to drastically reduce the number of pests you have. Leaves from winter are a perfect habitat for roaches.
- Keep the grass short and well manicured as bugs are attracted to tall grass.
- Clogged gutters and downspouts can increase bug activity around your home so report any clogged gutters and remove any debris from downspouts.
- Check around the exterior for ant mounds and eliminate them before they come inside.
- Clean around entryways (doors and windows) to remove spider webs.
- Store items in plastic totes as opposed to cardboard boxes.
- When dealing with ant invasions, you can use white vinegar to neutralize the pheromone trail which will assist you in helping to eliminate them.
- One of the best things people with pets can do is have their pets on flea and tick prevention.
All insects are looking for food, water, and shelter. Eliminate these and you will be less likely to have a pest infestation. You're welcome to purchase your own pest control products or give a technician a call. The average price for a pest professional to come treat your property would be about $75. Prices range depending on size of property and frequency of desired visits as some vendors offer a discount for a quarterly pest control service. Reach out with any questions!
Pest Control Help
We have a lot of bugs and pests in this part of the world. If you are not from the area or used to this, this can cause great dissatisfaction this time of the year. If you want the assistance of a professional pest company to keep your property bug free, give one of these companies a call.
Bugmeister Household Termite & Pest
554-6952 Email Danny
Ham Pest Control- Travis
376-1523 Email Travis
Tombstone Pest Control
932-0977 Email Alan
originally posted 03-15-2019
Moving to the Pensacola area?
It's hard to get a good feel of a new community.
If you are moving to Pensacola, knowing and understanding Pensacola area zip codes will definitely help you with your move. Pensacola is located in Escambia County, Florida and includes the following areas of Perdido Key, Pensacola Beach, Cantonment, Beulah, Century and Molino.
Here's a quick infographic and rundown on Pensacola area zip codes to help you familiarize yourself with the Pensacola area.
Pensacola Zip Codes
32501 & 32502- Downtown Pensacola!
Home to Historic Downtown Pensacola, the 17th Ave. Grafitti Bridge, Belmont/ DeVilliers, Pensacola Bay Center, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Historic Pensacola Village, Veterans' Wall South Memorial and more!
32503- Southeast Pensacola
Home to East Hill and East Pensacola Heights Neighborhoods, Bayview Park & Dog Beach, Scenic Highway Bluffs, Pensacola Christian Academy and Pensacola Christian College, 12th Ave. Tree Tunnel
32504- Northeast Pensacola
Home to Cordova Park Neighborhood, Pensacola State College, Cordova Mall, Pensacola International Airport, Sacred Heart Hospital
32505- South & West Pensacola
Home to Brownsville Neighborhood, Marcus Point Golf Course, T&W Flea Market, Car City Pensacola
32506- West & Southwest Pensacola
Home to Pensacola Greyhound Racing, FL/ AL State Line via Lillian Hwy, Corry Station
32507- Southwest Pensacola & Perdido Key
Home to front and back gate of Naval Air Station, Perdido Kids Park, Big Lagoon State Park, Johnsons Beach, and Perdido Key
32514- Northeast Pensacola
Home to University of West Florida, I-10 Interstate 10, Elylson Indsutrial Field, and the gateway to Santa Rosa County via the bridge to Pace
32526- Northwest Pensacola
Home to Beulah and Bellview Neighborhoods, Navy Federal Credit Union, Pensacola Fairgrounds, Pensacola Equestrian Center
32533 & 32534- Cantonment and North Northwest Pensacola
Home to Ascend Performance Materials, International Paper, and I-65
32561- Pensacola Beach
Home of beautiful, white sand Pensacola Beaches!
Moving to the Pensacola area?
Let us know how we can help you with your move. Realty Masters has over 35 rentals available in the Pensacola area at any given time. Give us a call or view our available rentals here.
Realty Masters of FL
originally posted 01-29-2018
There are a number of ways to build your credit. The easiest way to improve your credit score is to pay your bills on time. Most, but not all, of your recurring bills are reported to the credit bureaus. Your credit cards, car loans, and personal loans are just a few of the items that appear on your credit reports. If you pay these bills as agreed and on time, your credit score will improve over time simply by making timely payments.
Unfortunately, a lot of the bills you pay timely each month are not reflected on your credit report unless you default on the payment and close the account owing money. For example, if you owe your cable provider money upon moving, they will file this on your credit report, but will not report the monthly payments paid on time.
For most renters, this is the case. Landlords do not report your timely payments to the three major credit bureaus and only report collection accounts when renters owe funds above the security deposit after moving out. Why? Because most landlords don't have the resources to do so.
Realty Masters is proud to be one of the only landlords in the greater Pensacola area that offers a payment platform which allows our residents to opt in to credit reporting. The partnership we formed with RentTrack in 2017 now allows our renters to build and improve their credit score simply by paying rent on time.
Here's how it works:
- You pay your rent online through RentTrack's portal. Read more here.
- You opt into credit reporting!
- You pay your rent before the 3rd of each month online.
- Your credit score improves over the term of your lease!
- By the end of your lease, you will have a higher credit score which will allow you to
Because rent is paid as one amount, RentTrack's portal only offers this credit advantage to one resident. If you are renting with roommates or other lease holders, it makes sense to choose the lease holder with the
If you have questions about the RentTrack program, give our office a call.
For more information on building and understanding your credit score, read Credit Scores: What are they and how to see yours for free.
Realty Masters of FL
originally posted 01-26-2018
As Realtors, we take safety and security at your home very seriously. That's why we reached out to Ashlee Carpenter, Vice President of Complete DKI, one of the leading property restoration companies in town, to bring you these Fire Prevention Tips. Watch Ashlee as she gives us several fire prevention tips to consider.
Ashlee warns us that statistics show 1 in 5 people will experience a house fire in their lifetime. Her quick tips today include:
1. Set a loud timer on your cell phone while you are cooking. Do not rely on your stove timer.
2. Check your holiday lights every year before using them. Make sure to read the safety instructions.
3. Keep atleast a 3 foot buffer around any space heaters you may be using. Do not let space heaters run while you are not home!
4. Have a fire safety plan and emergency plan for your family in the event you have a fire.
5. Inspect your smoke detectors every month! Make sure they are not expired (as they expire after 10 years) and that the batteries are working properly. We recommend upgrading to a 10 year tamper proof detector for maximum protection.
Complete DKI For more information on Complete DKI, visit their website at http://www.CompleteDKI for more prevention tips and to learn about their restoration services.
#1 in Pensacola Rental Houses & Apartments
originally posted 02-09-2017
5 Tips for Pensacola Renters: Finding a home in a competitive market
- Do your research! Look up school districts, view all photos, walk down with street view on google maps, do a sex offender search. Read our blog here for more tips and websites to do research. If there is a real deal breaker, know about it in advance and don't waste everyone's time. Remember, a lot of the homes on the market are occupied so an appointment has to be arranged with a property manager and a current resident!
- Don't be so picky. I know, you want a fabulous house for as little as possible, we all do! With low availability, you can't be picky about
- Not all homes are brand new or just remodeled. If that's what you require, you will have a harder time finding a place and will have to act fast.
- Sure, East Hill is a great place to live but with only 5 rentals available in the area and a median price of $1,000 per month, it's nearly impossible to find a 3 bedroom 2 bath affordable rental in the area. Downtown is similar with very few available and the majority being smaller, older homes in outlying areas of Downtown.
- Gulf Breeze schools are among the highest rated; that's why there's less than 20 properties for rent in the area with only four rentals in Gulf Breeze Proper and nothing available on Pensacola Beach. The average rental rate in Gulf Breeze is currently $1,700.
- As we approach PCS season, we see limited availability especially nearby the back gate of Naval Air Station. Expand your search area.
- Come prepared! We see great applicants miss out on homes every day as we are getting multiple applications on the most desirable properties. Be flexible and available for open houses and showings. Be sure you have your deposit ready when you apply.
- Have a folder with the following documents ready for when you find the right house!
- Driver's license copy for all adults over 18 residing in the property
- Pay stubs or income verification for at least one month. Have all forms of income available and documented for each adult.
- Photos of any pets you may have
- Previous landlord information including phone and email address. Better yet, ask your current landlord for a letter of recommendation stating your rental rate, dates of residency, and contact information.
- Have a folder with the following documents ready for when you find the right house!
- Be weary of scams. Unfortunately, people like to take advantage of others when inventory is low. Never send your personal information via email or send money overseas without verifying. Craigslist scams are common and scammers are smart about their scams. They even create email addresses to mirror the actual owners name. This happens all the time so please be careful when leasing from owner, especially from out of state.
- Consider Purchasing. In 2011,the average rental rate was $960 per month. The average Pensacola rental is now over $120 more expensive per month representing a 13% increase in rents over the last four years. Interest rates are low. Talk to us about your options to own your own home! Unsure about whether you have the funds required to purchase? Look into first time home buyer bond and grant programs. If you want more information, contact our office or email me here.
originally posted 03-01-2016
- Free Credit Reports
- Mortgage Forbearance
- Grocery Delivery
- jobs in Pensacola
- Real Estate Investments
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- renters insurance
- rental scams
- Opportunity Zones and Capital Gains Taxes
- Maintenance Expenses
- October Community Events
- HOA Management
- Renters Insurance
- Hurricane Insurance
- Mailbox Key
- Wear & Tear Versus Damage
- Pest Control
- Moving Resources
- Blue Angels
- Rents in Downtown Pensacola
- Rent Assistance
- Listing your Home for Sale and/or Rent
- New Year's Resolutions
- Hurricane Michael
- Smoke Detectors
- Key Safety
- Holiday Events
- Septic Tanks
- Gulf Power Outage Map
- Moving Tips
- Burning Outdoors
- Lawn care
- Fall Events
- School Grades
- Bulk Item Pick Up
- Housing Scams
- Steps for First Time Home Buyers
- 20 Year Anniversary
- House Hunting Tips
- Real Estate Market
- Seminars and Personal Assistant
- Rent or Sell
- Pensacola area Zip Codes
- Build Credit
- New Construction in Pensacola
- Energy Tips
- How to Find HOA Rules
- Preparing for Freeze
- Holiday Safety Guide
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- Home Warranties
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Maintenance Tips
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Pensacola Real Estate Market
- Baby Boomers
- Buying A Home
- Waterfront real estate
- New Construction
- Closing Costs in Real Estate Sales
- Senior Housing Communities
- first time home buyers
- Selling your home
- Buying a Home
- Free Credit Reports Weekly through April 2021
- Mortgage Forbearance & COVID-19
- Pensacola Grocery Pick Up and Delivery
- Major Employers in Pensacola and Jobs in Pensacola
- Pam Keen on the Rental Income Podcast
- Nicole St. Aubin Benavente
- Celia Kafka
- Aramis Washington
- Erica Parker
- MacKenzie Rathbun
- Pam Keen Brantley
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Rebekah Perkins
- Michael Longsdon
- Julie Benson
- Jay Schwartz
- Chuntell Patterson
- Carlin Symmes
- Realty Masters
- David Keen
- Mitch Adcox
- Rick Puckett
- Sheri Harris