Moving Soon in or from the Pensacola area? Here are Resources to Help!
Moving is so much work. If you are looking for moving resources in the Pensacola area, we have some advice for you including a list of reputable professional moving companies in Pensacola, do-it-yourself Pensacola moving truck rental companies, moving resources, packing tips, and moving tips below.
Professional Movers in Pensacola
There are quite a few moving companies in the Pensacola area! I'm going to give you the list of those we've had more experience with and that have the highest ratings.
- All My Sons Moving & Storage- offers Pensacola residents local, in-state, and out-of-state moves.
- Two Men And A Truck- offers local and long distance moves as well as packing services.
- Coastal Moving & Storage- offers local and long distance residential and commercial moves as well as storage and packing services.
- A Student Movers of Pensacola- is a locally owned and operated company that offers moving and storage services.
- Bayside Moving- is located and Gulf Breezes and serves Navarre, Pensacola and beyond. They offer both local and long distance moving assistance. They also offer a load/unload only option which allows you to pay for only assistance for loading or unloading should you desire.
Moving Truck Rentals in Pensacola
Need to save money with your move? Rent your own moving truck to easily relocate your family and possessions.
- U-Haul Moving & Storage- By far, U-Haul has the largest number of stores in Escambia and Santa Ros counties, making it the most convenient choice for a do it yourself move. They also offer storage, boxes and packing supplies, and moving labor.
- Budget Truck Rental- Budget Truck Rental has two locations in Pensacola. With one location in West Pensacola on Fairfield Drive and one location in Northeast Pensacola on Davis Hwy., it is another great option to consider for your Pensacola move.
- Penske Truck Rental- Penske Truck Rental has three locations for truck rentals in the Pensacola area. They also offer storage and packing supplies.
- Enterprise Truck Rental- Entprise Rent-A-Car features several options for vehicles to assist with your Pensacola move.
- Start early! Begin packing away non-essential items a month before your move.
- Put saran wrap over your utensil trays so items don't fall out when moving.
- Put trash bags around your hanging clothes so you don't have to take them off the hangers.
- Label everything! You will forget later, we promise.
- Take a picture of the back of electronics so you know exactly where the wires go when you hook everything back up.
- Pack the items you will need first in a clear plastic bin so you can easily find them.
Two of our team members just made a move and they have some advice for you.
- Start early. Secure your new property weeks in advance of your move out date so you can have a stress free, easier moving process.
- Make sure to transfer your utilities in time; don't procrastinate. Consider weekends and holidays when planning.
- Make a checklist of who you need to change your address with and do not forget your driver's license.
- If you have a yellow star in the corner of your Florida license, you can change your address online. If not, you must change your address in person at the DMV.
- Make sure you know which day the last day of the month is so you can plan accordingly.
- Line up your moving help or truck in advance as availability is low in spring.
- 12 Tips for your Move
- Move Out Guidelines & Notice Form
- Change your Address with USPS Online
- Change your Address with Florida DMV
And of course, if you need a Pensacola home or apartment to move to, visit our website to view our avaialble rentals.
The Realty Masters of FL Team
Moving is one of the most stressful times in a person's life, especially if you are making a move across country or after a life-changing event. We understand how stressful the moving process is and want to help in whatever way possible.
We found these tips from Florida Realtors we thought were too helpful not to share!
1. Plan your move far in advance. They recommend this moving timeline and checklist from Upack.com which outlines the moving process and includes a timeline with detailed instructions with planning beginning 2 months in advance. The checklist includes several items many people overlook until it becomes an issue including changing your address. Check it out!
2. Protect files and photos. As items can get damaged or lost in the move, it's important to be sure you have safeguarded your important items such as family memories, important documents, and more.
3. Photograph your cords. Have you ever spent 30 minutes trying to hook electronics up? Take a photo of the connections on your computers, TV's, and more so it's easier to assemble when you are unpacking.
4. Make plans for pets. Your pets may need to be kept in a separate area or room while you are packing or moving. Not all hotels are pet friendly. Make sure to consider your pets in your plans.
5. Get a Movers Guide from the Post office. You can complete the change of address form online here. USPS also includes resources for your move!
6. Color code your boxes. Create a system to make unpacking easier. You can use color coded boxes or labels!
7. Mark essential items. Find a way to dictate which boxes are most important, fragile, or will be needed first. Label these and set them aside.
8. Create a box of essential items. Use suitcases to carry items that you will need the first night so you are not having to unpack in order to find your essentials. Don't forget essentials like toilet paper that may be easy to overlook when you are packing.
9. Keep most expensive and most important items separate. If you are utilizing a moving company or help with your move, it may be best to pack the most expensive or important items in your personal vehicle.
10. Pack cleaning items separate. Often you may want or need to clean up prior to unpacking items. Keep some Lysol wipes or other cleaning items handy!
11. Make a layout map for your funiture. It's much easier to move and unpack if you know where you want furniture and larger items to go! Spend some time planning where you want your larger items to go. You can hand sketch a map or utilize a tool like HomeDiary, a free visualization tool, to lay out your furniture before the big day.
12. Save receipts and records. Make sure you save and submit receipts for reimbursement if they are covered! If you don't get any reimbursement, don't worry, most do not.
Nicole St. Aubin
The Realty Masters of FL Team
#1 in Pensacola Property Management and Leasing!
Rental Office 4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 473-3983 www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Sales Office 4400 Bayou Blvd. #52B, Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 453-9220 www.RealtyMastersofFlorida.com
Follow us on Facebook ~ Twitter ~ YouTube
Moving to the Pensacola area?
It's hard to get a good feel of a new community.
If you are moving to Pensacola, knowing and understanding Pensacola area zip codes will definitely help you with your move. Pensacola is located in Escambia County, Florida and includes the following areas of Perdido Key, Pensacola Beach, Cantonment, Beulah, Century and Molino.
Here's a quick infographic and rundown on Pensacola area zip codes to help you familiarize yourself with the Pensacola area.
Moving to the Pensacola area?
Let us know how we can help you with your move. Realty Masters has over 35 rentals available in the Pensacola area at any given time. Give us a call or view our available rentals here.
Realty Masters of FL
Are you moving, doing some serious holiday cleaning, or just need to get rid of some items?
There is an alternative if you're not into online marketplaces or don't think you have enough stuff for a good garage sale. How about donating your items to a local Pensacola area charity!
There are four main organizations in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties that support item donations and offer free pick up for these items! Goodwill Industries, Habitat for Humanity Restore, Salvation Army, and the Waterfront Rescue Mission.
Goodwill Industries offers local drop off and pick up from several bargain centers in the Pensacola area including one in Pace, Milton, and Gulf Breeze. Goodwill has 6 locations in the Pensacola area including 15 E Brent Lane, 5998 Mobile Hwy, 600 E Cervantes St., 4081 Olive Rd., 2 E Nine Mile Rd., and 2155 W Nine Mile Rd. Find the closest one to your home. They also just opened a new megastore at 1751 E. Olive Rd. in Pensacola, FL 32514.
What they accept: Household items, furniture, clothing, blankets, and much more!
What they don't accept: Items in non working condition with missing parts, items that are stained and torn, and items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet safety standards.
What they do: Help people in our community build skills and find employment.
Local pick up and drop off for Pensacola items offered! Pensacola's Habitat for Humanity Resale Store location for drop off is 5810 North Palafox Place, Pensacola, FL 32503.
How to schedule a Pick up for Habitat for Humanity Restore: Call them at 850-476-0001 or schedule pick up online.
What they accept: Appliances no older than ten years, building materials of all kind, lighting, cabinetry, windows, hardware, furniture (no mattresses or stained,tears or pet damage), toys, musical instruments, filing cabinets, area rugs, cars, books, and other household items.
What they don't accept: Anything that doesn't work, needs a replacement part, is torn, has pet damage, or is soiled, and the following: Appliances more than 10 years old, dishwashers manufactured, microwaves over 5 years old, Automobile parts/ accessories, Baby items, Clothing/linens/bedding/drapes/bed pillows
Computers, printers, desks, Electronics, Fireplaces, Exercise equipment, Hazardous chemicals, Hospital Beds, Metal or plastic window blinds, Mirrored Doors or glass,
Pianos, Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or pet odors, Used Paint, Waterbeds, Water Heaters manufactured before Jan. 2014
What they do: Sell items to fund homeownership for hundreds in our local community!
Local pick up and drop off for Pensacola items offered! Pensacola's Salvation Army location is 3780 N. Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32514. Call them at (850) 432-1943.
What they accept: Used matteresses with frame only. Clothes, vehicles, household items, appliances and furniture.
What they don't accept: Tube tvs or anything stained, ripped or damaged in any way.
What they do: Items are sold at Salvation Army Family Stores and help fund rehabilitation services.
Local pick up and drop off for Pensacola items offered! Pensacola's has several area Waterfront Rescue Mission Bargain Stores including one in Cantonment, Milton, and West Pensacola. The Pensacola Waterfront Rescue Mission recycling and donation center location is 388 West Herman St., Pensacola, FL 32505. Call them at (850) 607-8340 or schedule pick up online at http://www.pickupmydonation.com
What they accept: household items in good condition including clothing, furniture (no mattresses), appliances, lighting, lawn equipment, musical instruments, home decor, electronics (no tube TV’s of computer monitors), tools, toys, books, recyclable materials, and much more.
What they don't accept: Mattresses, water beds, tube tv's, non-working tv's or computers/monitors, expired foods, hot tubs, and furniture that is not safe or too heavy for their crew.
What they do: Provide resources and meals for homeless men, women, and children in the Pensacola area.
- Wear & Tear Versus Damage
- Pest Control
- Moving Resources
- Blue Angels
- Rents in Downtown Pensacola
- Rent Assistance
- Listing your Home for Sale and/or Rent
- New Year's Resolutions
- Hurricane Michael
- Smoke Detectors
- Key Safety
- Holiday Events
- Septic Tanks
- Gulf Power Outage Map
- Moving Tips
- Burning Outdoors
- Lawn care
- Fall Events
- School Grades
- Bulk Item Pick Up
- Housing Scams
- Steps for First Time Home Buyers
- 20 Year Anniversary
- Real Estate Investments
- House Hunting Tips
- Real Estate Market
- Seminars and Personal Assistant
- Rent or Sell
- Pensacola area Zip Codes
- Build Credit
- New Construction in Pensacola
- Energy Tips
- How to Find HOA Rules
- Preparing for Freeze
- Holiday Safety Guide
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- Home Warranties
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Maintenance Tips
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Normal Wear & Tear Versus Tenant Damage
- Pensacola Pest Control Tips
- Pensacola Moving Companies, Truck Rentals, and other Resources for your Pensacola Move
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule in Pensacola, Florida
- Increasing Rents in Downtown Pensacola
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Rebekah Perkins
- Michael Longsdon
- Julie Benson
- Jay Schwartz
- Chuntell Patterson
- Pam Brantley
- Carlin Symmes
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen