Travis Rose with 1st Class Plumbing joins us for another installment of One Minute Maintenance Tips! Watch a licensed and experienced plumber show you how to prevent your toilet and hot water heater from overflowing during a plumbing emergency.
How to Stop your Toilet from Flooding:
1. Make sure the flapper is pushed down securely against the toilet and does not remain in the open position
2. Locate your water shut off valve
3. Turn the valve clockwise until in the off position
How to Stop your Hot Water Heater from Flooding:
1. Located the water shut off valve to your hot water heater
2. Turn the water shut off valve clockwise until it is fully closed.
3. Locate your temperature and pressure (T&P) valve located on either the top or side of your hot water heater
4. Turn the T&P valve into the off position
Did you know?
There is also a water shut off valve beneath your bathroom and kitchen sink!
If you are unable to turn the water off at the toilet, sink, or hot water heater, the best course of action is to turn the water off at the meter. Often times it is easy to turn the water off at the meter while others are digital and require a call to your local water company. Again, act fast in the instance of a plumbing emergency so contact your water company immediately if you are unsure of what to do.
Remember, having this knowledge can help you stay cool in the time of crisis. It is necessary to act fast in these situations as a small amount of water can create a huge problem once in contact with flooring, walls, baseboards, and doors.
1st Class Plumbing offers full plumbing and gas services from minor routine maintenance to major plumbing emergencies. They service the Pensacola area including Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties and offer same day as well as 24/7 repairs. Give them a call at (850) 637-5781 or visit them online at http://1stclassplumbing.net/
#1 in Pensacola Rental Houses
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Drain Field Lines for Septic Tanks
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Tourism Pensacola Beach
- Real Estate Market
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Maintenance Tips
- Landlords access to property
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Credit Scores: What are they and how to see yours for free!
- Pensacola List of County Maintained Roads
- Unapproved Dog List due to Aggressive Breed Status
- Taking care of your Septic Tank and Drainfield Lines
- Pensacola Rental Inventory is back!
- Carlin Symmes
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen
- Chuntell Patterson