Conducting routine, consistent inspections at your rental property is one of the most important ways you can monitor your home during the leasing process.
Here is Carlin Symmes, lead inspector at Realty Masters, discussing the importance of a move in inspection.
We document the condition of the property one to two days prior to a tenants move in for many reasons.
- Most importantly, to ensure the home is ready for move in and that all necessary repairs were completed.
- Secondly, to have documentation needed in case there are damages beyond normal wear and tear when the tenant moves out. Photos and a written form are completed during every inspection. It is also important to note that you should have photos of the home in good condition also and not just photos of any discrepancies found.
Not conducting routine inspections before, during, and after the tenants move out is one of the most common mistakes rookie landlords and inexperienced property managers make.
A move in inspection is also valuable to a tenant. Each of our clients are given a move in inspection to complete within 72 hours of move in. Make sure if you are moving into a new property, you document any issues with the home in writing and submit to your landlord upon move in. This protects you at move out!
Let us know if you have any questions about the move in inspection process.
- Unapproved Dog List
- Drain Field Lines for Septic Tanks
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Tourism Pensacola Beach
- Real Estate Market
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Maintenance Tips
- Landlords access to property
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Unapproved Dog List due to Aggressive Breed Status
- Taking care of your Septic Tank and Drainfield Lines
- Pensacola Rental Inventory is back!
- Home Buying 101: A Seminar by Realty Masters, Caliber Home Loans & Surety Land Title
- One Minute Maintenance: A/C Tips from Mathews Heating and Air
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen
- Chuntell Patterson