If you're looking to purchase a property in the Pensacola area, you need to consult this list of Escambia County Maintained Roads provided by the Escambia County Roads
Buyers who secure VA and FHA financing may not be able to purchase a home on a privately owned and privately maintained road. If a road is privately owned, it is also privately maintained.
Here is the link to search roads in Escamba County to see if they are county owned and maintained or privately owned and maintained. https://myescambia.com/our-services/public-works/roads/county-maintained-roads
Always check with your lender before moving forward with a privately maintained road to be sure the property qualifies for financing. Even if you're not securing a loan and are paying cash, you should research the road situation before proceeding.
- Reach out to the county for questions.
- A title company may be able to assist as well.
- Research to see if there is a maintenance agreement in place.
- Make sure the maintenance agreement is easy to understand and well defined.
- What happens if homeowners do not pay their part?
- Is there language in the agreement to file a lien?
- When was the last time maintenance was performed on the road?
- Check to see if there are any other easements.
Of course, the county website comes with a disclaimer of no warranties, so it's best to verify the status of the each rather than relying on the list of county maintained roads on the website.
"This road list is maintained for internal use by the Escambia County Engineering Department. Pursuant to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, the road list is a public record that is available for inspection and copying by any person. While the Engineering Department strives to ensure that this list is current and accurate, Escambia County provides no warranties, expressed or implied, for the information contained in the road list. Under Florida law, Escambia County is not liable for errors or inaccuracies in its public records. Accordingly, persons who view the road list are strongly encouraged to verify the accuracy of the information with other sources."
For information about Santa Rosa County roads including the cities of Gulf Breeze, Navarre, Milton, and Pace, reach out to Santa Rosa County Public Works at (850) 981-5500.
- Steps for First Time Home Buyers
- 20 Year Anniversary
- Real Estate Investments
- House Hunting Tips
- Real Estate Market
- Seminars and Personal Assistant
- Rent or Sell
- Pensacola area Zip Codes
- Build Credit
- New Construction in Pensacola
- Energy Tips
- How to Find HOA Rules
- Preparing for Freeze
- Holiday Safety Guide
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- Home Warranties
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Maintenance Tips
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Subleasing and Renting a Room in your Property
- 6 Steps for First time Home Buyers
- Realty Masters Celebrates our 20 Year Anniversary!
- Spring A/C Tune Ups
- Escambia County Ranked #57 out of 449 Counties as Best County to Invest in
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Brantley
- Carlin Symmes
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen
- Chuntell Patterson