For your convenience, we've compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions from prospective and current renters below. From pet policies to home buying, we've answered your top questions below. Realty Masters is available Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm at (850) 473.3983 and Saturday from 8 am - 2pm to answer your calls. You can always email us with your questions.
Our goal is to guide you through the leasing process as smoothly as possible to have you happily settled in your new rental home or apartment in the Pensacola, Florida area.
- Do you have any MAINTENANCE TIPS?
- What is the process for SECURITY DEPOSIT return?
- How do I APPLY for one of your rentals?
- What is required upon MOVE IN?
- What UTILITY Companies do I call?
- What is your PET POLICY?
- Can I get a PET after I move in?
- How do I secure Renters INSURANCE?
- What are my MAINTENANCE responsibilities?
- Can I make UPGRADES or changes to the property?
- How can I pay my RENT?
- My RENT will be LATE. Is that OK?
- Need to Add or Remove a ROOMMATE from the lease!?
- When is HURRICANE season and How do I prepare?
- How do I submit a MOVE OUT notice?
- I'm interested in BUYING a home!
We have the articles and videos on our blog to help you better care for your rental property. Check them out and let us know if you have any questions.
- Preparing for a hard freeze
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- How to protect septic tank and lines
- Shutting off water in an emergency
- 5 easy appliance care tips
- Useful HVAC tips and a video
- How to prevent HVAC leaks
- Fire Prevention Tips
Submit an online maintenance request here.
Florida Statutes outlines the return of the security deposit under Florida Landlord Tenant Act.
The following apply to the return of the security deposit:
You must provide a forwarding address.
It cannot be a post office box. The law requires we send a certified letter outlining any charges to your security deposit. If a forwarding address is not given, we will send the security deposit return to the property address as per the law.
If we do not deduct any charges from your security deposit, the law outlines we must return the deposit within 15 days. We will gladly retund your entire security deposit as soon as possible.
If charges are deducted from your deposit, we must send notification postmarked by the 30th day after the keys were received. If this is the case, we will only send the security deposit notice- not the partial refund.
- If you have a current account balance with past owed rent, late fees, or maintenance charges, these items will be deducted from your security deposit.
- If you agree to the charges on the security deposit, send a notice in writing, and we will refund the remainder immediately.
- If you dispute the charges, the written dispute must be sent in within 15 days. We understand that owners and tenants don't always agree on move out damage charges or that our office can overlook items present upon move in. This is why we have a security deposit resolution committee. The security deposit resolution committee is comprised of team members, other than the property manager, that provide a 3rd party review based on evidence. Our security deposit resolution committe will request additional information and review your dispute. If you'd like to send a dispute, send it in writing to your property manager or to Celia.
Realty Masters currently manages nearly 1,000 Pensacola area rental homes and apartments. Our properties rent from $550 to $4,000 per month with an average rental rate of around $975 per month. At any time, we have over 35+ rentals available for lease. Please view our current available homes and apartments for rent in the NW Florida area here.