Contractor & Vendor Frequently Asked Questions
Realty Masters manages nearly 1,000 rental properties and 25 homeowner and condo associations in the Pensacola, FL area from Perdido Key to Mary Esther. We pay over $1 million dollars to local contractors who perform maintenance services on our properties each year. If you are a local contractor, we woud love to discuss the possibility of you joining our vendor network. To aid in the process of maintaining good working relationships with our contractors and to easily recuit new contractors, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions for current and prospective vendors!
Please review the following information and contact our vendor coordinator Fern if you have any additional questions.
- Does Realty Masters have a MAINTENANCE staff?
- How do I become a REALTY MASTERS VENDOR?
- How does Realty Masters PAY vendors?
- Who do I send INVOICES to?
- Who pays for MATERIALS?
- Can I get a DOWN PAYMENT?
- How would you like INVOICES formatted?
- Why is there a $200 REPAIR LIMIT?
- Who is responsible for LICENSE & INSURANCE RENEWALS?
- Who is responsible for pulling PERMITS when required?
- What do you require from CLEANING vendors?
- What type of WORK do you need done on your properties?
No, Realty Masters does not have any staff members that perform maintenance services of any kind! All work done on the rental properties and in homeowner's associations are done by local, licensed, insured vendors and contractors with proper documentation.
We are always looking for new vendors to join our network to assist with both property management and association management!
To become a vendor with Realty Masters, you must meet certain requirements. Please note: we can only hire contractors who are properly licensed, insured, and have the appropriate workers compensation/exemption. If you feel you meet these requirements, we would love to have you join our vendor network. Review the forms below to determine what paperwork and steps are necessary.
Get more information about becoming a vendor for Realty Masters.
Completed vendor packages get submitted to our team via email. Please reach out to our team for more information. We look forward to working with you.
Our goal is to make payment within 30 days of the date you submitted your invoice. We ask that you do not complete the vendor process or take a job if you cannot work off a 30 day payment plan.
Realty Masters pays vendors on a schedule with checks cut twice each month, typically on Fridays.
Click here to view the current pay day schedule.
You can send your invoices to the Realty Masters representative who placed the work order with you! If you are unsure who that is, you can send any invoices to our office via:
- Fax to (850) 473-3975
- Email to Info@PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
- Drop it by our office at 4400 Bayou Blvd 58B, Pensacola, FL 32503
We do expect the contractor to provide both materials and labor and to cover any other costs associated with the job until final payment.
We do not typically provide down payments on jobs. In the rare instances where we do pay a down payment on a job, this information is placed on the bid with the estimate and all factors including payment amounts and timelines for completion accompany this.
Proper Estimates & Invoicing
Please submit invoices quickly after a job is complete. This helps us to keep track of job statuses and to relay the status to owners and residents. The sooner you invoice after completion of a job, the better! We appreciate you.
Please be sure to include the following on your invoice.
- Itemized and detailed list of charges
- Full and correct property address
- Invoice number
- Make and model number of items serviced
- Date of completion on invoice
Itemizing your Estimates and Bills
While we don't always need bills broken down by labor and materials, we do need an itemized list of repairs to include charges for each item. Here's 2 good reasons why.
- Especially after move out and on move out turnover repair items, we need to be able to assign an amount for the repair to the tenant. If we don't have a specific amount, we are unable to do this.
- The owners may want to choose to approve or delay certain items. Having this format in an estimate allows us to get these estimates approved easier and faster.
It's also best to have estimates in writing so we can send this in writing to the owner for approval. Having this detailed estimate in writing saves us from facing unexpected issues in the future.
All work orders over $200 must be approved by the owner under our management contract. We are not authorized to make approvals over $200 without contacting the owner. While calling for approval does take a few minutes, this is an important step. If your bill is over $200 or over the requested work limit on the work order, you must contact us for approval prior to completing the job or we cannot guarantee payment. Please help us by communicating with us so we may receive proper authorization to proceed according to the property owners’ wishes.
It is your responsibility to provide us updated license, insurance, and worker's compensation updates annually or anytime your policy changes.
Please remember to update us with your new license, insurance and workers compensation information as it renews so we can ensure your checks are processed timely. Send your updated information to Info@PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
If we do not have your up to date information, we cannot make a payment. Thank you!
If a job you are completing requires a permit, you, as the contractor, need to pull the permit for the property owner. Any costs for this should be outlined in your estimate in advance. We are happy to make appointments with the occupants to close out permit inspections. Ultimately, if permits are required and you do not pull them, you, as the contractor, will be held liable by the local permit office. Please be sure to add the cost of permitting in your estimates.
Cleaning companies must provide the same documentation that other vendors and contractors need to provide in order to become a vendor for Realty Masters.
Here are some cleaning guidelines for cleaning companies to follow.
Our evaluation team has noticed that some of our cleaning vendors have been forgetting to address items such as:
- Replacing burnt out light bulbs
- Cleaning or replacing drip pans as needed
- Putting in new A/C filters or putting in incorrect sizes
Please be aware that our cleaning guidelines do require these items be done for the tenant's move in and that likely the cleaning companies are the last companies in the home.
If it would be helpful for us to include A/C filter sizes in the work order request, please let us know.
We also rely on our cleaning companies to notify us if there are outstanding maintenance needs in the property, as typically our cleaning crews are the last in the home before the new occupants move in. Please reach out should you see additional items that need to be addressed.
Realty Masters manages over 1,000 rental properties and over 2 dozen community associations. In order to effectively manage our properties, we are in need of vendors to provide a variety services that include, but are not limited to:
- Maid services like cleaning, carpet cleaning, and tile cleaning
- Mechanical trades companies to repair and replace electrical, plumbing, appliances, and heating and air conditioning systems
- General handyman and maintenance services
- Contractors to handle Major repairs like roofing, siding, wood repair, and foundation repair
- Flooring such as repairs and new installation of wood, carpeting, tile, and other flooring products
- Interior and exterior painting
- Window and screen repair and replacement
- Concrete repair and installation
- Lawn care services and tree companies
- Pest control and termite companies
- Pressure washing
- Pool companies
- Air duct and fireplace cleaning
- Gutter and fence companies
While we have several tradespeople for each category, the need we have the most is for general maintenance contractors to do items to get the rentals ready between tenants.