Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
A new year is the time to start new habits. Remember that leasing a home is a tool to help you become prepared to one day own and care for your home. Building good habits now can help you in the future. Here are a few suggestions to be sure you and your home are ready for the new year!
- Make sure rental insurance policy up to date or start a policy! You can insure your personal property for as little as $20 per month.
- Work on a family budget. Review your expenses from 2018 and see how you can cut back to establish a savings, build your credit, and ensure you can make payments timely.
- Don't forget- you can pay your rent online with RentTrack and opt-in to credit reporting. As long as you make payments on time, you can build credit while you are renting through us! Are you taking advantage of this?
Inside your home
- Pick up a year's supply of air filters for the A/C system, then you can have one to change out every 30 days, and can date them to remind yourself.
- Check batteries in all of your smoke detectors and change them if you have not in the last 6 months. Report any concerns about detectors to our office.
- Check all water sources for leaks inside, especially those that are not seen often! Open sink cabinets and check for dripping pipes under the sink. Inspect the hot water heater. Look at the water pipes going to your washing machine. Open the toilet lid and inspect the inside to see if the flapper is sealing properly.
Outside your home
- Walk the yard and check for areas of concern! Are there any soft spots in the yard? Is there debris on the roof? Report to us any safety concerns.
- Inspect the exterior pipes, faucets, hoses, and sprinkler heads for any damages or leaks.
- Clean up any pet debris in yard!
- Trim back shrubs, bushes and low lying tree branches to be sure they will grow back healthy in spring.
- Rake leaves in the yard and remove all excess debris to ensure grass can grow back in spring.
Is becoming a homeowner on your list of resolutions?
If you are interested in becoming a homeowner in 2019, reach out to our sales team with your questions. Don't forget that we have a cash incentive for our residents who purchase a home through a Realty Masters realtor!
We have recently sold a few of our tenants the home they are currently leasing! If you are interested in seeing if the property owner would sell the home you have been leasing, reach out to our team.
originally posted 01-16-2019
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox