Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
Pensacola is home to several military attractions and has a deep rooted military history.
The Pensacola Navy Yard, constructed in 1826, utilized local timber to build ships, and the base was home to the West Indies Squadron who were responsible for fighting piracy and the international slave trade. While the Navy Yard was later burned during the Civil War, this was the beginning of the military presence and of Naval Air Station Pensacola. Pensacola's most coveted bridge, often known as "The 3- Mile Bridge" is named after a native Pensacola hero and four-star General Daniel "Chappie" James, Jr.
With a military presence dating back to the 1800’s, Pensacola’s military culture is abundant as you’ll see with the following Pensacola area military attractions.
All of these attractions are ranked among the top 20 things to do in Pensacola according to TripAdvisor.
National Museum of Naval Aviation
National Museum of Naval Aviation- The world class National Museum of Naval Aviation offers FREE admission to indoor and outdoor exhibits and collections. The museum is located on NAS and is open from 9 am to 5 pm daily. Inside the museum, you will find over 150 restored Navy, Marine, and Coast Guard aircrafts. Enjoy 300,000 square feet of aircrafts and historical artifacts that will blow your mind and take you on a trip through time.
- Blue Angels Practice & Autograph- From March to November, the Blue Angels practice at NAS Pensacola and sign autographs for free on Wednesdays after the morning practice at the Naval Aviation Museum. The public is invited to watch the practice!
- IMAX- This is the area’s largest IMAX screen and theatre. IMAX films are shown daily and include history topics, nature films, and of course aviation films. Theater tickets are available for under $10, and of course they offer military discounts.
- Flight Simulators- The museum features both the Motion-Based Simulator and the Top Gun Air Combat Simulator. The flight simulators offer patrons of all ages a realistic air experience. Rides run constantly daily and can be bought in packages with the IMAX films
- National Flight Academy- Located next to the National Naval Aviation Museum is the National Flight Academy. This one-of-a-kind experience is offered for 7th through 12th graders interested in aviation. The National Flight Academy offers several programs including 1, 3, and 6 day experiences. They also host Stem Saturday's for 3rd through 8th graders. This facility offers state of the art, hands on flight simulators and an experience your children will never forget.
U.S. Navy Blue Angels
U.S. Navy Blue Angels- As you read above, you can easily find the famous Blue Angels practicing anytime from March through November in Pensacola skies. Twice a year, thousands come to Pensacola for the annual Pensacola Beach Air Show in July and the annual NAS Homecoming show at Pensacola’s Naval Aviation Museum in November.
Veteran's Memorial Park
Veteran's Memorial Park is located on Bayfront Parkway in downtown Pensacola, Florida 32502. This park was constructed in 1992 and pays homage to lives lost and thanks those who came home. The park borders overlooks Pensacola Bay and spans over 5 acres of memorials and monuments honoring those who served. Veteran's Memorial Park is home to several military monuments including the most notable Wall South, a one-half scale replica of the Memorial Wall located in Washington, D.C. honoring those who served in the Vietnam War. Across the street, there is a short pier that juts out into Pensacola Bay with a sculpture dedicated to the lost and orphaned children of war.
Fort Barrancas & Barrancas National Cemetery
Fort Barrancas is located on the grounds of NAS Pensacola, Florida 32508. While it is located on the grounds of NAS, It is operated by the National Park Service as part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. The original fort was built in 1698 under the name Fort San Carlos de Austria. The site of Fort Barrancas has an extensive history with several structures under many different rulers and with many different uses. The current fort was used by the Army until 1947, and in the 1980's it was restored so that visitors could appreciate it and learn more about local history. Barrancas National Cemetery also lies on the grounds near Fort Barrancas. Barrancas National Cemetery is for members of the armed forces and their families, and is also open for members of the public to pay their respects.
Fort Pickens is located at the end of Pensacola Beach, Florida 32561. Owned and operated by the National Park Service, Fort Pickens serves as a major attraction in Gulf Islands National Seashore on Santa Rosa Island. Its unique location provided a defense There are park entrance fees to access Fort Pickens. In addition to a rich history, the area offers several walking and biking trails, beautiful public beaches, wildlife viewing, a popular fishing pier, and fort tours. The Fort itself, built in the year 1834, can be explored by the whole family! Take a guided or self-directed tour and learn about Fort Pickens extensive history and use. This is a great spot to appreciate history, architecture, and the outdoors and can provide a full day of entertainment for all.
Pensacola Lighthouse and Maritime Museum
The Pensacola Lighthouse and Maritime Museum is located on NAS Pensacola, Florida 32508 and can be accessed through the base’s back gate off of Blue Angel Pkwy. This lighthouse is said to be one of the most haunted places in the country. As such, there are regular ghost tours through the building! Additionally, as the lighthouse is the perfect spot to view the Blue Angels practice they offer special viewing times with reservations. The museum area gives you a history of lighthouses and the Pensacola area. In fact, the Pensacola Lighthouse was the first lighthouse built on the Florida Coast by the U.S. Government! Climb the 150 steps to the top and enjoy the view over Big Lagoon and Gulf of Mexico.
New to the Pensacola area or not sure where to go for Pensacola area information? We've compiled a list of Pensacola area resources for homeowners to assist with finding solutions to common questions and situations in our community. From a lost dog to a gas leak, the links below will help you. Reach out to the resources below for more information.
Escambia County Resources
Santa Rosa County Resources
Wildlife And Other Resources
Pensacola is a very military friendly community. With a lengthy military history, Pensacola is home to many active duty, retired, and veteran service members, as well as the U.S. Navy Blue Angels! Did you know Pensacola Naval Air Station was commissioned in 1914 by the U.S. Navy and was the first Naval Air Station? Military pride and respect runs deep in Pensacola. As many local businesses are owned, operated and staffed by military and veterans (as Realty Masters is!) many offer military discounts. From retail to service providers, to housing, Pensacola military discounts are abundant.
Here's a few things we know about Pensacola Military Discounts:
- A large percentage of Pensacola area businesses offer military discounts, including small, local businesses and large corporations.
- Some companies offer active duty military discounts only, while many also offere veteran discounts.
- Some offer military discounts every day and some offer discounts on a specific day or during specific months or times.
- The best thing to do is ask. If you don't see an advertised military discount, that doesn't mean there isn't one.
- Many businesses that offer military discounts are owned or operated by former military themselves. Even if you are not military, consider supporting military owned, operated, and staffed businesses in our community.
Pensacola military discounts are available among all industries including restaurants, retail, hotels, home service, and more! Here's a few of our favorites in each category that offer military discounts.
Local and chain restaurants alike are fond of our military. Nationwide restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings, Chi-fil-A, Golden Coorral, IHOP, Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garen, Outback, Red Lobts, and Tropical Smoothie Cafe offer these discounts. Locally, even more resrautants like Calvert's in the Heights, CJ's Kitchen and Grille, The Fishing Hole, Gulf Coast Brewery, Jellyfish, Nick's Boathouse, Ollie's Neighborhood Grill, True Grit American Bristro, and the Wacked Out Weiner offer discounts.
Retail and service providers also offer military discounts. Nationwide, military are eligible for great discounts at stores like AT&T, Advanced Auto Parts, Best Buy, Budget Truck Rental, Dollar General, Home Depot, Lowe's, Old Navy, and Sam's Club. Some of our local favorites are Costello's Butcher Shop, Flowerama, Lost Key Golf Course, Pensacola Cook's Kitchen and Play Zone.
Of course, being in real estate, we love all home related discounts and there are several service providers we recommend who offer military discounts. A few of these include A Cut Above Tree Service, Boutwell Air Masters, Bugmeister's Termite and Pest Control, Fields Roofing, Happy Bear Cleaning, Honey Bee Plumbing, Lords Appliance Repair, Nelsons Appliance Repair.
Many local and nationwide hotels offer a mlitary discount or military rate including Best Western, Candlewood Suites, Comfort Inn, Hilton Pensacola Beach, and both Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
And to all the military and veterans reading this, we appreciate you and your service to our great country.
Community Resources for the Holidays
We can all use a little help sometime! As the holidays approach, we are finding more Pensacola area residents struggling with staying on top of their bills as the price of everything seems to continue to increase. We are here to help! We've compiled a list of community resources to help you this Holiday Season.
Children's Toys for the Holidays
The USMC Toys for Tots program supplies families with kids under 14 with a toy for the holiday season. Families can sign up at: https://pensacola-fl.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/local-toy-request-single-form.aspx, registration closes December 1st.
The Watson Family Foundation provides a Gift Giving Drive to provide toys for area youth. Check the website and submit a form to request aid here: https://www.watsonfamilyfoundation.com
Food and Meal Donations
Food costs are rising at a record pace. While we face supply chain disruptions, labor shortages and inflation, you can expect food prices to continue to increase. As the holidays approach, local non-profits ramp up their meal and food giveaways. Check out some of the events below.
These community partners are providing Thanksgiving meals to all.
The Watson Family Foundation- Community advocate and local attorney Aaron Watson's foundation is hosting a Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner- Drive Up Giveaway. This event is taking place on Monday, November 22, 2021 at 10 AM in Town & Country Plaza at 3300 N Pace Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505.
Magic 106.1 Magic of Thanksgiving- Thanksgiving Dinner at Favor Flavor Seafood Restaurant on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 starting at 10:30 AM. Free meal whether dine in or to go and is located at 2005 W. Jordan St.
Waterfront Rescue Mission- Will serve Thanksgiving meals at a variety of centers on November 25th and at Opening Doors on November 23rd.
Stripes Pub & Grill in Navarre- Dine in or to go free cooked Thanksgiving Meal Thursday, November 25th from 12 PM to 3 PM.
Upcoming Grocery & Food Giveaways
These events are open to all with no documentation needed and are drive through sites!
Waterfront Rescue Mission in Pensacola- Farm to City Food Giveaway on November 23, 2021 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Car line up begins on 8 AM first come, first serve. The event is located at 348 W Herman St. in Pensacola.
Farm to City at Milton Community Center- Distribution begins on November 23, 2021 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Car line up begins at 8 AM and the event is first come, first serve. The address is 5629 Byrom St., Milton, FL 32570.
Local Food Pantries
The best way to receive access to a full list of food pantries and donation sites is to contact United Way of West Florida. Give them a call at 2-1-1, text your zip code to 898-211, or visit www.211nwfl.org
Manna Food Pantries is helping to stock the local, smaller food pantries in the community and not giving direct support to community members. Both 211 and Feeding the Gulf Coast have a director of food pantry, child meal sites, and more on their websites.
Community Resources and Non-Profits
- United Way provides resources. While they do not provide financial assistance, they do serve as a resource referral center for emergency food and shelter, services for families and senior citizens, health care, child care, services for people with disabilities, counseling and mental health services and more. Call them at 2-1-1 or find them online.
- The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance for needs such as rent, utility bills, food and clothing. If you need assistance due to an unexpected hardship, the Salvation Army provides financial assistance. You can reach them at (850) 432-1579 in Pensacola or (850) 623-4099 in Milton or online.
- Opening Doors offers utility assistance for those who are at risk of getting their utilities shut off. Call at (850) 439-3009 or visit them online.
- The Watson Family Foundation offers a variety of hardship relief programs including financial relief, mentorship, school readiness support, and faith based outreach. Visit their website to request assistance.
- Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida provides emergency financial assistance for basic needs including financial, food, prescriptions, housing, and utilities. Call (850) 436-6425 in Pensacola or (850) 244-2825 in Fort Walton Beach or visit them online.
- United Ministries of Pensacola offers help in a financial crisis with past due rent, mortgage, or utility bills. This assistance is contingent upon having a child in the home under the age of 18. Call their office in Pensacola (850) 433-2333 or online.
- Northwest Florida Area on Aging provides assistance with home energy costs for those who are eligible over 60 years of age should the need arise to pay utility bills or repair heating and cooling systems. Call them at (850) 494-7101 or find them online.
- Community Action Program Committee provides emergency financial assistance for utility bills when in need through their Home Energy Assistance Program. Give them a call at 1-844-356-8139 or find their application online.
- FavorHouse of Northwest Florida provides assistance to victims of domestic violence including temporary and transitional housing. Call them at (850) 434-1177 or visit them online.
- Florida Veteran's Support Line - Special support is available for military or veteran members. Give them a call at (844)-693-5838 or visit them online.
Happy Holidays to everyone!
Are you looking for some family friendly Pensacola fall activities? We've got quite the list for you and your family to explore.
Best Corn Mazes and Pumpkin Patches
Sweet Season Farms
2260 Horn Rd., Milton, FL 32570
Sweet Season Farms begins their Autumn season at the beginning of October! They have something for the whole family: corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayride, corn popper pillow, corn cannon, barnyard ball, cow train, sunflower speedway, pumpkin bowling, hop-a-long ride, country carousel, the hay barn, pony rides, corn silo, tractor slide, barnyard petting zoo, redneck gold, farm playground, corn hole, tug of war, duck races, and more! Tickets are $12.50 to $14.00. Pumpkins range from $2 - $25 each. Learn more on their website https://www.sweetseasonfarms.com
2055 Homer Holland Rd., Milton, FL 32570
Holland Farms is open for the season! They're open from 8-6 M-Sat. and 8-6 Sun. $14 wristband per person for pumpkin patch (includes 1 pumpkin), hayride, and all other activities. Activities include- spider web, sandbox, swings, horse tire swings, pedal tractor cart racing, slides, petting zoo, corn box, zip lines, rat racers, knocker balls, and corn maze. Learn more on their website https://www.hollandfarmsonline.com
Other Pensacola area Fall Family Friendly Activities
2021 Fall Food Truck Fest
You don't want to miss out on all the great food trucks in our area. The event will be held downtown at community maritime park with a $2 admission fee. They are currently looking for judges so check out the website if you are interested.
Ballet Pensacola will be performing Dracula at the Pensacola Little Theatre from October 29 through the 31st. For more information and tickets check out the website.
Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The Pensacola Blue Wahoos are hosting a Halloween celebration at the stadium Friday, October 29th. They will have trick-or-treating, a movie, and a fireworks show. For tickets and more information check out the Website
Pensacola Interstate Fair
This 11-day event is a local favorite. The Pensacola Interstate Fair will take place October 21st through the 31st this year! Always a good time for all ages, get your discounted tickets on their website for half price now! Wristband tickets are also available for a discounted price. Get your cotton candy and enjoy the cooler weather at the fair. They even have a sea lion show this year. Check their website for more details.
Hadji Haunted House
The popular haunted house is back and ready to scare the boots off you. They are also looking for volunteers if you are looking to scare instead of being scared. They will be open for several weekends leading up to Halloween.
This will be the 3rd annual Beach-O-Ween which is a family-friendly event on Pensacola Beach. There will be decorated booths and games for all ages. This is a free event on October 22 from 4-9 PM.
Halloween at The Park at OWA
The Foley park has a jam-packed schedule for October from Terror in the Park, Kid-Friendly Halloween in Downtown, to Island Movie Nights. See the schedule and get more information on your website.
It feels like no matter where you go in Pensacola these days, you are bound to end up in traffic from the road construction or a wreck. Especially with school starting again this week in both Escambia and Santa Rosa County, it’s always best to leave a few minutes early in case you do hit traffic.
We have found some resources to help you see where the traffic is currently as well as all the current road construction projects going on.
- Current Road Construction Projects: https://nwflroads.com/currentprojects
- Escambia County Road Conditions Map: https://myescambia.com/our-services/publicworks/road-issues/road-issues-map
- Santa Rosa County Road & Bridge Closures: https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/293/Current-Road-Bridge-Closures
- Live Traffic Map for Pensacola: https://www.localconditions.com/weather-pensacola-florida/32501/traffic.php
Here’s a few tips on how to combat traffic:
- Map out alternative routes
- Experiment with timing
- Use a GPS device with live traffic updates
- Consider a toll road as they usually have less traffic that non-toll roads
Pensacola is full of life in the summer and you can never run out of things to do. There is something for everyone from the adventure seekers to those that like the calm and relaxing activity. Here is a shortlist of some of our summer activities here in the Pensacola area.
- Blue Angles- We have very proud of our hometown Blue Angles and always love to see them on Pensacola Beach for the Red, White, and Blues show. This year the shows are July 9th with a full dress Rehearsal and July 10th for the Air Show. https://visitpensacolabeach.com/whats-happening-blue-angels/
- For the adventure seekers that are looking for high in the sky obstacle courses, zip-lining, dives, or deep sea fishing trips we have it all. https://www.visitpensacola.com/things-to-do/outdoors/adventures/
- For those looking to soak up the amazing history, Pensacola has to offer there are several activities for you as well. Our favorite is Fort Pickens on Pensacola Beach. Here you are able to walk through the fort and explore the history up close with some amazing views of the sound. https://www.visitpensacola.com/blog/post/5-historic-hikes-in-pensacola/
- Pensacola Blue Wahoos- A local favorite here so if they have a home game we highly recommend checking it out. This is a great family-friendly park that overlooks Pensacola Bay offering the most beautiful sunsets over the park as the sunsets. https://www.milb.com/pensacola
After all that adventure you will probably want to check out some of the amazing restaurants and bars Pensacola has to offer. From Food trucks to fine dining you will find something to meet your expectations here. https://www.visitpensacola.com/restaurants/
Online grocery shopping is hotter than ever right now. There are so many options out there it’s hard to pick a favorite. Walmart, Publix & Target are some that are available to us here in Northwest Florida. Online shopping makes it easy to get your groceries and still be able to adhere to the CDC social distancing guidelines. If you're ready to start your Pensacola grocery pick up or delivery, this article is for you.
Walmart Grocery: The Walmart App allows you to choose a time slot for pick up. There is a $30 minimum to reserve your time slot, but once your spot is reserved, you can add or remove items up until 1:45 am on the day of pick up. You have 3 hours after picking your time slot to complete your check out before they release your reservation. Sometimes the 9 Mile Rd Market has same day pick up spots available!
While it’s been more difficult as of late to find a pick up spot for Walmart, if you time it just right, you'll find a time slot and be able to place your order online and pick it up from the store, have it loaded into your car and you'll be on your way. The app will alert you about 15 minutes before your pick up time to let you know it’s ready. Once you arrive at the store and pick a parking spot, you'll enter that into the app and a Walmart associate will be out shortly with your order. Walmart usually requires a little bit longer of a wait, but they are able to fulfill a much larger array of items than Target or Publix. So the longer wait time might be worth it to some.
Tip: I’ve been told that Walmart releases their time slots for the upcoming days at midnight. If you are willing to stay up, you might have a better chance of claiming your reservation.
Publix: Publix delivers using the Instacart app. The app is free and the delivery fee is minimal. However, please be advised that the prices are higher than in-store prices. This is clearly stated on the app. This may be better to use for a few items in a pinch or to stock up on those awesome BOGO deals if you have a budget to stick to.
A lot of times you can get same day delivery if you order early enough. I ordered a few things yesterday evening and they were at my doorstep an hour later!
The app is interactive and you can see who is assigned to your order, when they are shopping, what items they have already shopped for, and what items are left. You can even chat with your shopper and request additional items or changes. If you can’t find something on the app, you can upload a photo of what you’d like them to look for. Once you’re finished submitting your order, you can go ahead and select alternative options in case your preferred choice is not available. When your shopper is finished, you will be notified and you will be able to track them while they’re on the way to your home with your groceries!
Target: Target is my personal favorite, but they are not able to do refrigerated groceries as they do not have storage space to keep orders cold until pick up. They do allow household items, clothes, toys, beauty and almost anything else in the store that doesn’t have to be kept cool.
The Target Drive Up is what makes Target my favorite though! Target will alert you once your order is ready. Then just check in on the app when you are on your way. The app tracks you and knows when you’ve pulled in to the designated pick up spots. A Target associate is out with your order in just a matter of minutes. I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my order. They also allow for same day pick up. When you place your order it will typically tell you ready in 3-4 hours. But even some of my larger pick up orders are ready in less than an hour.
But wait, there’s more! Instacart isn’t exclusive to just Publix! You can also use it for Publix Liquors, Target, The Fresh Market, Sam’s Club/Sam’s Club Liquors, Petco, CVS Pharmacy, and BJ’s Wholesale Club.
With so many options for Pensacola area grocery pick up and delivery, there's no need to leave your house.
How To Get Keys To Your Pensacola Area Community Mailbox
If the mailbox has a USPS sticker on it, you will need to get a key from the United States Postal Service. Here's how to do that in the Pensacola area.
- Once you have done that, call 850-434-9109 and follow the directions on the answering machine. It is an automated system so it will ask you to leave a voicemail and they will be in contact with you.
- The USPS will confirm your address and let you know what day they will re-key your box. There is a $25 key to get the key to your mailbox.
- If you are not home at the time of rekeying the USPS will leave the keys on your door.
The whole process should take 2-3 days.
If your mailbox does not have a USPS sticker on it, it is likely privately owned by a Homeowners Association of Condo Association and you will need to reach out to them or your proprerty manager.
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels just released their 2019 practice schedule! As the Blue Angels are local hometown heroes, we wanted to bring you the information on how you can catch a practice show here in the Pensacola, Florida area.
U.S. Navy Blue Angels 2019 Practice Schedule
Practices are at 11:30 each day. The 2019 practice schedule is subject to change on short notice due to weather so be sure to visit the U.S. Navy Blue Angels to confirm.
2019 Pensacola Blue Angels Show Dates
Pensacola Beach Air Show July 13, 2019
Be sure to check the calendar with events all this week at Pensacola Beach leading up to the air show including Breakfast with the Blues and the practice show the day prior!
Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show at Pensacola Naval Air Station November 8 & 9, 2019
Our favorite places to catch a U.S. Navy Blue Angels practice show are:
- Naval Aviation Musem has the best view and offers autographs on certain days
- Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum from 150 feet in the air
- Fort Pickens
- One of the many boat tours offered for both practices and shows. Check with Key Sailing, Pensacola Island Tours with Klein Aquatics, Condor Sailing or on google for more recommendations!
For more information on the best ways to enjoy a Blue Angels practice show, visit:
Pensacola loves you Blue Angels!
originally posted 02-08-2019
Statistically, housing costs consume over 1/3 of our income nationwide. We hate to hear when residents have unexpected situations that cause a hardship and that they are having a hard time paying rent.
If you find yourself in this situation, there are resources in the Pensacola area to help with financial assistance for rent and utilitiy bills. We've compiled a list of resources available in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties should you need them now or in the future.
United Way can provide resources. While they do not provide financial assistance, they do serve as a resource referral center for emergency food and shelter, services for families and senior citizens, health care, child care, services for people with disabilities, counseling and mental health services and more. Call them at 2-1-1 or find them online.
The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance for needs such as rent, utility bills, food and clothing. If you need assistance due to an unexpected hardship, the Salvation Army provides financial assistance. You can reach them at (850) 432-1579 in Pensacola or (850) 623-4099 in Milton or online.
Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida provides emergency financial assistance for basic needs including financial, food, prescriptions, housing, and utilities. Call (850) 436-6425 in Pensacola or (850) 244-2825 in Fort Walton Beach or visit them online.
United Ministries of Pensacola offers help in a financial crisis with past due rent, mortgage, or utility bills. This assistance is contingent upon having a child in the home under the age of 18. Call their office in Pensacola (850) 433-2333 or online.
Northwest Florida Area on Aging provides assistance with home energy costs for those who are eligible over 60 years of age should the need arise to pay utility bills or repair heating and cooling systems. Call them at (850) 494-7101 or find them online.
Community Action Program Committee provides emergency financial assistance for utility bills when in need through their Home Energy Assistance Program. Give them a call at 1-844-356-8139 or find their application online.
Opening Doors offers utility assistance for those who are at risk of getting their utilities shut off. Call at (850) 439-3009 or visit them online.
FavorHouse of Northwest Florida provides assistance to victims of domestic violence including temporary and transitional housing. Call them at (850) 434-1177 or visit them online.
While this is not a comprehensive list, this is a good start in finding assistance from several Pensacola area non-profit organizations that can assist with financial needs in the way of rent and utility bill assistance.
originally posted 01-31-2019
Recently, I had the pleasure of listening to Deputy Howard Enderson with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office Crime Prevention Unit give a talk to the Pensacola Association of Realtors on safety.
A lot of the advice he gave us is applicable to safety for all at your home and business and I wanted to pass along my favorite tips from the crime prevention unit.
- Have a free security assessment of your property and home for specific recommendations on how to make your home safer.
- Survey your property and look for places that people can hide. Eliminate those places!
- Use the 2/6 rule- shrubs should be no higher than 2 feet and tree limbs should be no lower than 6 feet.
- Do not let shrubbery grow above or over your windows.
- Never hide a key at your property.
- Always lock your vehicle and do not leave garage door openers in your vehicle overnight.
- Did you know that you can have a background check done for a small fee at the Sheriff's Office in one day? Before hiring someone to come pet sit, clean your house, or babysit your children, use this service and order a background check.
- Don't open the door for solicitors. Additionally, you can call the Sheriff's Office to report door to door solicitors.
- Make sure everything is password protected.
- Choose flight over fight but protect yourself if necessary.
- Always be alert and listen to your instincts!
Did you know that the Escambia County Sheriff's Office offers free security assessments of your home, business, or church? They will come in the residence and offer tips to increase security at your property. To request a security assessment of your property, do so at this website: http://www.escambiaso.com/security-surveys/residential-security-survey/
For additional security tips from the Escambia County Sheriff's office, visit this page: http://www.escambiaso.com/home-safety/
originally posted 08-08-2018
New construction in the Pensacola area is booming. The Northwest Pensacola region in Beulah and 9 Mile Road areas along with Downtown Pensacola has shown the largest growth.
Over the last year, we’ve seen an explosion in brand new apartment communities with the most growth in North Pensacola. The Navy Federal Credit Headquarters on 9 Mile Rd. continues to develop and bring in thousands of new jobs for the Pensacola area. Coupled with the growth at the University of West Florida, demand has been strong for the North Pensacola area. While a few single family neighborhoods that have popped up in these areas, so far, the growth has been in the commercial sector and, most impressively, in new apartment communities.
Our real estate team has done some research to bring you some great information on these new apartment complexes.
New Apartment Communities in Northwest Pensacola - 9 Mile Road area
- The Pensacola Grand Apartments – 9091 Airway Dr., Pensacola, FL 32534
The Pensacola Grand apartments are located at 9091 Airway Drive and are still undergoing construction although some residents have already moved in. Amenities include a pool, sauna, fitness center, clubhouse, a dog park, and a playground. The Pensacola Grand Apartments are pet friendly with a $250 pet fee and $20 per rent, per month with some breed restrictions.
The Pensacola Grand offers 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units for lease. The 1 bedroom 1 bath apartments are offered for lease at approximately $1,000 per month, the 2 bedrooms 2 bathroom range around $1,300 per month, and the 3 bedrooms 2 bathroom apartments cost approximately $1,350 per month. They have various floor plans on each level and rates do vary based on availability, amenities, and apartment type. A media package is included! The apartments offer a modern interior with all black appliances and ceramic wood tile look.
- The Crossings at Milestone – 1431 W. 9 Mile Rd., Pensacola, FL 32534
The Crossings at Milestone is located at 1431 W 9 Mile Rd. and was built in 2017. The Crossings at Milestone features 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments for rent. The complex features a pool, fitness center, furnished clubhouse, a playground, and a dog park. Garbage and pest control are included in the rental rate. Rates vary depending on the floor, floor plan, and amenities but are currently being offered around $1,050 for a 1 bedroom, $1,265 for a 2 bedroom(,) and $1,450 for a 3 bedroom. The community is gated with security so good they wouldn’t allow us to take photos of the complex from the outside! They also offer private garages.
- West Woods Apartments – 3202 W. 9 Mile Rd., Pensacola, FL 32534
The West Woods Apartments are located at 3202 W. 9 Mile Rd. This community was just developed in 2017 and offers brand new, luxury apartments just minutes to Navy Federal and I-10. West Woods Apartments offer 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units for rent and all units come unfurnished. The 1 bedroom 1 bath units are between $1,000 and $1,075 for rent, the two bedroom, two bath apartments range between $1,220 and $1,295, and the three bedroom two bath apartments range between $1,425 and $1,477 per month. All apartments include a full size washer and dryer and the rental rate includes trash and pest control. The apartments feature stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and wood like ceramic tile floors. The community is very pet friendly with no weight or breed restrictions(,) but are charging $500 pet fee and a $10 per pet monthly pet rent. The complex is beautiful with two pools, two grills, two fitness centers, a car care center, dog parks, and more.
We’ve also written about new schools under construction to support this new growing population. Read that article here! (Link to School Article)
- Student Housing near UWF – 10300 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514
The Edge Pensacola is a new, off-campus, student housing apartment complex located at 10300 University Parkway that opened in August 2017. The Edge caters to University of West Florida students and offers individual leases for students in shared apartments. The apartments come in 3 bedroom/3 bath, 4 bedroom/4 bath, or 5 bedroom/5 bath units. Renters can choose their housemates or can be placed in a roommate matching system to share the common areas including living room, kitchen, and dining areas. Amenities include laundry, computer lab, study lounge, pool, and a fitness center. The units come furnished and most utilities are included.
Similar apartment communities including The Next Apartments and College Vue have opened in 2015 and 2016 within a 1/2 mile of the UWF main entrance.
While apartment complexes offer amenities, these increasing prices for apartment communities make leasing a single family home look more affordable than ever! Interested in comparing prices with single family rental properties on the market? Visit our available rentals to browse homes and apartments for rent in Pensacola.
originally posted 01-10-2018
Realty Masters is hosting our annual Manna Food Drive and Gift Card Giveaway May 1 through June 30, 2016. Enter by bringing non-perishable food items when you come to either of our offices or by leaving your tagged food items on your counter during your regularly scheduled inspection. Thank you for your donation!
Manna Food Pantries provides emergency food assistance in both Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties in Northwest Florida including the Pensacola area and serves children, families, and seniors. They are especially in need of food items during the summer time when children are more likely to be hungry. Visit their website for more information and ways you can help. http://www.mannafoodpantries.org/
3 Easy Ways to Give
1) Drop by either Realty Masters office locations with non-perishable food items.
2) Leave your tagged items on your counter during your routine scheduled inspection.
3) Drop by a few dollars or donate directly to Manna on their website!
Manna Food Pantries, with the help of our community, has helped over 15,645 families in the last year. Over
22% of those who received assistance last year were seniors. 36% of the donations went directly to children
under the age of 18. Manna Food Pantries assists so many people in our community that your help is needed.
Thank you for your participation!
Update as of July 1, 2016, we were able to collect 100 pounds of food for the community thanks to our staff and clients.
originally posted 04-30-2016
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox