Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
Community Resources for the Holidays
We can all use a little help sometime! As the holidays approach, we are finding more Pensacola area residents struggling with staying on top of their bills as the price of everything seems to continue to increase. We are here to help! We've compiled a list of community resources to help you this Holiday Season.
Children's Toys for the Holidays
The USMC Toys for Tots program supplies families with kids under 14 with a toy for the holiday season. Families can sign up at: https://pensacola-fl.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/local-toy-request-single-form.aspx, registration closes December 1st.
The Watson Family Foundation provides a Gift Giving Drive to provide toys for area youth. Check the website and submit a form to request aid here: https://www.watsonfamilyfoundation.com
Food and Meal Donations
Food costs are rising at a record pace. While we face supply chain disruptions, labor shortages and inflation, you can expect food prices to continue to increase. As the holidays approach, local non-profits ramp up their meal and food giveaways. Check out some of the events below.
These community partners are providing Thanksgiving meals to all.
The Watson Family Foundation- Community advocate and local attorney Aaron Watson's foundation is hosting a Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner- Drive Up Giveaway. This event is taking place on Monday, November 22, 2021 at 10 AM in Town & Country Plaza at 3300 N Pace Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505.
Magic 106.1 Magic of Thanksgiving- Thanksgiving Dinner at Favor Flavor Seafood Restaurant on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 starting at 10:30 AM. Free meal whether dine in or to go and is located at 2005 W. Jordan St.
Waterfront Rescue Mission- Will serve Thanksgiving meals at a variety of centers on November 25th and at Opening Doors on November 23rd.
Stripes Pub & Grill in Navarre- Dine in or to go free cooked Thanksgiving Meal Thursday, November 25th from 12 PM to 3 PM.
Upcoming Grocery & Food Giveaways
These events are open to all with no documentation needed and are drive through sites!
Waterfront Rescue Mission in Pensacola- Farm to City Food Giveaway on November 23, 2021 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Car line up begins on 8 AM first come, first serve. The event is located at 348 W Herman St. in Pensacola.
Farm to City at Milton Community Center- Distribution begins on November 23, 2021 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Car line up begins at 8 AM and the event is first come, first serve. The address is 5629 Byrom St., Milton, FL 32570.
Local Food Pantries
The best way to receive access to a full list of food pantries and donation sites is to contact United Way of West Florida. Give them a call at 2-1-1, text your zip code to 898-211, or visit www.211nwfl.org
Manna Food Pantries is helping to stock the local, smaller food pantries in the community and not giving direct support to community members. Both 211 and Feeding the Gulf Coast have a director of food pantry, child meal sites, and more on their websites.
Community Resources and Non-Profits
- United Way provides resources. While they do not provide financial assistance, they do serve as a resource referral center for emergency food and shelter, services for families and senior citizens, health care, child care, services for people with disabilities, counseling and mental health services and more. Call them at 2-1-1 or find them online.
- The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance for needs such as rent, utility bills, food and clothing. If you need assistance due to an unexpected hardship, the Salvation Army provides financial assistance. You can reach them at (850) 432-1579 in Pensacola or (850) 623-4099 in Milton or online.
- Opening Doors offers utility assistance for those who are at risk of getting their utilities shut off. Call at (850) 439-3009 or visit them online.
- The Watson Family Foundation offers a variety of hardship relief programs including financial relief, mentorship, school readiness support, and faith based outreach. Visit their website to request assistance.
- Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida provides emergency financial assistance for basic needs including financial, food, prescriptions, housing, and utilities. Call (850) 436-6425 in Pensacola or (850) 244-2825 in Fort Walton Beach or visit them online.
- United Ministries of Pensacola offers help in a financial crisis with past due rent, mortgage, or utility bills. This assistance is contingent upon having a child in the home under the age of 18. Call their office in Pensacola (850) 433-2333 or online.
- Northwest Florida Area on Aging provides assistance with home energy costs for those who are eligible over 60 years of age should the need arise to pay utility bills or repair heating and cooling systems. Call them at (850) 494-7101 or find them online.
- Community Action Program Committee provides emergency financial assistance for utility bills when in need through their Home Energy Assistance Program. Give them a call at 1-844-356-8139 or find their application online.
- FavorHouse of Northwest Florida provides assistance to victims of domestic violence including temporary and transitional housing. Call them at (850) 434-1177 or visit them online.
- Florida Veteran's Support Line - Special support is available for military or veteran members. Give them a call at (844)-693-5838 or visit them online.
Happy Holidays to everyone!
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox