Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
Moving is one of the most stressful times in a person's life, especially if you are making a move across country or after a life-changing event. We understand how stressful the moving process is and want to help in whatever way possible.
We found these tips from Florida Realtors we thought were too helpful not to share!
1. Plan your move far in advance. They recommend this moving timeline and checklist from Upack.com which outlines the moving process and includes a timeline with detailed instructions with planning beginning 2 months in advance. The checklist includes several items many people overlook until it becomes an issue including changing your address. Check it out!
2. Protect files and photos. As items can get damaged or lost in the move, it's important to be sure you have safeguarded your important items such as family memories, important documents, and more.
3. Photograph your cords. Have you ever spent 30 minutes trying to hook electronics up? Take a photo of the connections on your computers, TV's, and more so it's easier to assemble when you are unpacking.
4. Make plans for pets. Your pets may need to be kept in a separate area or room while you are packing or moving. Not all hotels are pet friendly. Make sure to consider your pets in your plans.
5. Get a Movers Guide from the Post office. You can complete the change of address form online here. USPS also includes resources for your move!
6. Color code your boxes. Create a system to make unpacking easier. You can use color coded boxes or labels!
7. Mark essential items. Find a way to dictate which boxes are most important, fragile, or will be needed first. Label these and set them aside.
8. Create a box of essential items. Use suitcases to carry items that you will need the first night so you are not having to unpack in order to find your essentials. Don't forget essentials like toilet paper that may be easy to overlook when you are packing.
9. Keep most expensive and most important items separate. If you are utilizing a moving company or help with your move, it may be best to pack the most expensive or important items in your personal vehicle.
10. Pack cleaning items separate. Often you may want or need to clean up prior to unpacking items. Keep some Lysol wipes or other cleaning items handy!
11. Make a layout map for your funiture. It's much easier to move and unpack if you know where you want furniture and larger items to go! Spend some time planning where you want your larger items to go. You can hand sketch a map or utilize a tool like HomeDiary, a free visualization tool, to lay out your furniture before the big day.
12. Save receipts and records. Make sure you save and submit receipts for reimbursement if they are covered! If you don't get any reimbursement, don't worry, most do not.
originally posted 11-23-2018
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox