Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
Landlords: your tenants want updates.
When asked the question "What one improvement would you wish for your rental?" upon vacating, our tenants had a lot to say.
Here's a list of the most common answers we received this year in order of frequency:
- Needs upgrades and updating
- Update appliances most commonly mentioned is the fridge
- New flooring (carpet or vinyl is old)
- Provide lawn care
- New light fixtures; fans in all rooms
- Windows and screens are old
- Fenced yard or repairs to old fence
- New counter tops
- Needs new a/c unit
- No gutters on home
- Updated bathroom
- Wallpaper ripped out everywhere
- New exterior doors
We know the old saying is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but your tenants disagree. They want new fixtures and updated energy efficiency. Tenants expect their landlord to continually make upgrades and provide routine maintenance. Landlords should build up a reserve to make these upgrades.
As your property ages, it's a good idea to invest in routinely replacing components in your home. To keep your home in good condition, you should be completing maintenance frequently on your properties. Making these and other improvements will yield higher rents, less vacancy, and an overall better experience for you as a landlord.
Reach out to us with any questions about becoming a Pensacola area landlord. We specialize in working with investors and landlords in the Pensacola real estate market. As we manage over 1,000 rental properties, our real estate agents understand rental market trends.
We are currently accepting new properties in good condition in Pensacola, Pace, Milton, Gulf Breeze, Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, and Navarre.
originally posted 01-01-2018
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox