Pensacola Realty Masters Blog
Realty Masters is happy to present the following Pensacola area community and Pensacola real estate information!
If you're looking to purchase a property in the Pensacola area, you need to consult this list of Escambia County Maintained Roads provided by the Escambia County Roads
Buyers who secure VA and FHA financing may not be able to purchase a home on a privately owned and privately maintained road. If a road is privately owned, it is also privately maintained.
Here is the link to search roads in Escamba County to see if they are county owned and maintained or privately owned and maintained. https://myescambia.com/our-services/public-works/roads/county-maintained-roads
Always check with your lender before moving forward with a privately maintained road to be sure the property qualifies for financing. Even if you're not securing a loan and are paying cash, you should research the road situation before proceeding.
- Reach out to the county for questions.
- A title company may be able to assist as well.
- Research to see if there is a maintenance agreement in place.
- Make sure the maintenance agreement is easy to understand and well defined.
- What happens if homeowners do not pay their part?
- Is there language in the agreement to file a lien?
- When was the last time maintenance was performed on the road?
- Check to see if there are any other easements.
Of course, the county website comes with a disclaimer of no warranties, so it's best to verify the status of the each rather than relying on the list of county maintained roads on the website.
"This road list is maintained for internal use by the Escambia County Engineering Department. Pursuant to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, the road list is a public record that is available for inspection and copying by any person. While the Engineering Department strives to ensure that this list is current and accurate, Escambia County provides no warranties, expressed or implied, for the information contained in the road list. Under Florida law, Escambia County is not liable for errors or inaccuracies in its public records. Accordingly, persons who view the road list are strongly encouraged to verify the accuracy of the information with other sources."
For information about Santa Rosa County roads including the cities of Gulf Breeze, Navarre, Milton, and Pace, reach out to Santa Rosa County Public Works at (850) 981-5500.
originally posted 08-17-2017
- Tenant Education
- Pensacola Real Estate
- Owner Education
- Pensacola Community
- Real Estate Market
- Military PCS Move to Pensacola
- New Construction Builders in Pensacola
- Considerations when Purchasing a Pensacola Multifamily investment
- What Makes a Good Pensacola Investment Property
- Buy and Hold Investment Strategy
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Keen
- Nicole St Aubin
- Erica Parker
- Mike Hamby
- David Keen
- Realty Masters
- Mitch Adcox