Pensacola Military Bases & Information for Military and Veterans
Pensacola is a community with strong ties to the military. In addition to a rich military history, the Pensacola community is comprised largely of military, retirees, and their families. We are pleased to present you the following information on the local military bases and military attractions in our area.
Pensacola area Military Bases & Housing
Pensacola is known as the “Cradle of Naval Aviation” and we are proud of the title. Pensacola, FL is home of the famous Blue Angels and the National Museum of Naval Aviation. Additionally, all members of the Navy, Marine, and Coast Guard start their aviation training here in Pensacola.
Pensacola is home to several Navy military bases. Within 70 miles of Pensacola NAS, there are 4 other bases, including NAS Whiting Field in Milton, Hurlburt Field Air Force Base in Mary Esther/Fort Walton, and Eglin Air Force Base in Shalimar.
- Naval Air Station Pensacola in Pensacola, FL 32508- NAS Pensacola is the largest military base in the Pensacola area. NAS Pensacola is best known for its important role in Naval Aviation. In addition to being home of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, NAS Pensacola is the initial training command post for Naval Aviators. Pensacola NAS has been training aviators since the late 1930's and currently employs over 14,500 military personnel yearly. NAS Pensacola is home to many of the services available to military including the US Navy Commisary Store, Pensacola's Navy Exchange, VA Clinic, Naval Hopsital Pensacola.
Location in town
NAS Pensacola is located in Southwest Pensacola! There are two main entrances to Pensacola NAS. The “front” gate is located off Navy Blvd. in Pensacola. The “back” gate is located off Blue Angel Pkwy, a 15-20 minute drive from the front gate. The public is only allowed entrance with proper photo ID through the back gate of NAS.
Real Estate and Rental Housing near NAS Pensacola
Homes in Southwest Pensacola and South Pensacola, as well as West Pensacola, Downtown, Warrington, Bellview, and East Hill are only a 5-15 minute drive from either the front or back gate. The back gate is located about 10 minutes from Perdido Key Beaches; the front gate is only 15 minutes to downtown and I-10 and 20 minutes to Pensacola Beach!
Here's the contact information for NAS Pensacola's Housing Service Center and Balfour Beatty Base Housing Commnities.
Pilots coming for flight training: If you are also doing training at Whiting Field in Milton, we suggest finding housing in the North areas of Pensacola, as well as Cantonment, Beulah, and Pace, as these locations are a good halfway point between NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting Field in Milton. We also have more information on your PCS to Pensacola here!
- Corry Station in Pensacola, FL 32511- Corry Station is headquarters of The Center for Information Warfare Training and is responsible for training over 20,000 military students annually.
Location in town
Corry Station is located in West to Southwest Pensacola off New Warrington Rd. just a few miles from front gate of NAS and the Navy Exchange. Corry Station provides intelligence training for sailors.
Real Estate and Rental Housing near Corry Station Pensacola
Homes in West Pensacola, South Pensacola, and Southwest Pensacola are most convenient to Corry Station. It’s also located about 10 minutes from downtown Pensacola and 15 minutes to Pensacola Beach!
Santa Rosa County, Florida Military Bases
- Naval Air Station Whiting Field in Milton, FL 32570- Whiting Field Naval Air Station was built in 1943 to accomodate growing demand for aviation training from Naval Air Station Pensacola. Naval Air Station trains not only Naval students, but also U.S. Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Air Force students
Location in town
NAS Whiting Field is located off Hwy 87/ Stewart Street in North Milton, only about 15 minutes from Downtown Milton and 15 minutes from I-10 (Interstate 10).
Real Estate and Rental Housing near Whiting Field Naval Air Station
Any home in Milton should be within a 15-20 minute drive of base. There are several communities right near NAS Whiting Field.
Here's the contact information for NAS Whiting Field's Housing in Milton.
Okaloosa County, Florida Military Bases
- Hurlburt Field Air Force Base in Mary Esther, FL 32544- This is a sizeable Air Force Base off Hwy 98 in Mary Esther, FL. Due to its proximity between Navarre and Fort Walton Beach, many choose to live in either city.
- Eglin Air Force Base in Shalimar, FL 32542- As we don't manage real estate in the areas near Eglin Air Force Base, we recommend you search for homes near Eglin Air Force Base via the Emerald Coast MLS at http://emeraldcoasthomesonline.com/
Other Pensacola Military & Veteran Resources